How does the loft resumes process work?
We have a talented group of writers and designers that can help make your resume sound and look its best. We offer resume design services as well as resume writing services. After completing the checkout process, you'll be directed to a page where you'll upload the information for your resume and provide any special instructions. Resume writing services are sold separately from our designs services.
Here's how our resume writing process works:
1. Resume Designs Sold Separately
2. Choose the appropriate service, our Professional or Executive Level, based on your level of experience, resume length, and career needs. If the wrong level service is ordered, we will notifiy you via email or phone call.
3. After checkout, you'll be prompted to upload your current resume. We can ONLY accept a Word or Pages file. NO PDFs please.
4. Within the notes section of the order confirmation page, please provide some general information about your content goals and career ambitions.
5. We will personally read over your submitted material so that we can pair you with the best suited writer possible. This may take a little time, but you should hear from your writing professional within 1 business day of making your purchase.
6. Your resume writer will reach out to you via email either with a written questionnaire or to schedule your phone interview. All international customers will recieve a written questionnaire unless a phone call has been previously arranged or requested.
7. With the Cover Letter and Professional Level service, you shall receive 1 rough draft. After feedback and collaboration with your writer, they will then provide your final draft. If you have chosen the Executive Level option, after collaboration with your writer, you will have the opportunity for a 1st and 2nd draft before delivery of your final document.
8. Your final product will be an excellently written and well formatted resume via Word or Pages document.
Here's how our resume design process works:
1. Resume Writing Sold Separately
2. You choose the design you like based on the style, not our sample content.
3. Choose any options like adding additional pages, a custom color palette, or expedited service, and then add these choices to your cart.
4. You will be prompted to upload the current version of your resume (Word or Pages file only) after checkout and provide us with any special instructions.
5. Your assigned Loft Resumes graphic designer will use the exact content from your resume and rebuild the resume design of your choice, taking into account any specific requests you made (eg. highlight your "skills" section, list "education" last, etc. . .)
6. Then we'll send you a PDF of your new resume for you to review.
7. Send us any changes via email and we'll make them for you and then send you new PDF files along with the matching, editable, cover letter files. Your purchase includes up to two rounds of revisions, if they are needed. If at any time in the future, you'd like to update your resume, you can purchase a Revision Pack for just $5. This is limited to the original design you chose. If you change your mind during your order, you can switch to a different design for $40.
How much does it cost?
Our resume writing services are $159 for the Professional Level and $259 for the Executive Level. Resume writing services take seven business-days to receive the first draft or you may choose the expedited option for a four business day delivery. We offer cover letter writing for $70. A one page resume design service with our standard three business-day service is $99. Each additional page is $10. Design services within two business-days is available for an additional $15 and service within one business-day is available for an additional $30. If you'd like to use custom colors that we don't currently offer on our site, you can purchase that option for $30.
What if i need to make updates to my resume in the future?
If you'd like to make changes to the text of your resume at any time after you've approved the design, you can purchase additional revisions for $5 (3 business day turnaround) or for $20 (1 business day turnaround.) Keep in mind that these additional revisions only include changes to the text on your resume. If you'd like to use a different design, you'll need to shop for another resume. As a returning customer we can provide a second design at half off!
Will my resume look exactly like the ones in the photos?
No. The designs in our portfolio are just starting points. Your unique resume will be based on the design that you choose, but we will customize it to work with your content. Since everyone's content and preferences are different your resume won't look exactly like the design you choose.
What if i don't like the initial layout?
You get two initial revisions with the purchase of your resume. While the revision process is structured, you'll have the opportunity to let us know of any changes you'd like to see. If you'd rather switch designs, you can make a change to a different option for $40
How does the design revision process work?
We'll email you a PDF of your resume. You can reply to that email with any changes that you'd like to make. All changes must be within the framework of the design that you chose. We'll email your resume back with your changes within 2 business days. If at that time you notice any additional edits, you can send those to us by email. We'll make the necessary alterations and email the final version of your resume to you within 2 additional business days.
What do I receive?
We'll email you a high resolution PDF of your resume suitable for printing, emailing, or uploading. We'll also send an editable, matching cover letter in Microsoft Word (can also be opened in Pages for Mac.)
Can I get the source files for my resume design so that I can make changes to it myself?
Our resume layouts are created in Adobe InDesign and require additional fonts to maintain the look we created. We've tried to keep the cost of future updates and revisions low at $5 for a new edition of your resume. However, if you are experienced with InDesign and would like the source files in addition to the design service, please contact us for pricing.
Does Loft Resumes offer writing services in addition to design services?
We offer resume editing/rewrite services for Professional Level and Executive Level candidates as well as resume writing from scratch. All content services include a phone interview or email questionnaire, to begin the editing process. Your writer will ask you about your goals and any concerns with your current resume and offer professional editing for typographical errors, clarity of wording, and content consistency. Your writer will correct errors and will re-word items that could be confusing to a hiring manager. In addition, your writer will provide suggestions for improving your content and/or to present yourself in the best possible light.
When do I upload my resume?
You will be prompted to upload your resume, along with any special instructions for our design team, on a screen that loads after you complete your purchase. If you have any trouble uploading your resume then you can email it directly as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How long does it take?
Our standard design delivery time is 3 business-days for your first draft. You can expedite your first draft to 2 business-days for an additional $15 or 1 business-day for an additional $30. Should they be used, each complimentary revision rounds will take an additional 1-2 business days to complete. Our designers do not work weekends or passed 5pm EST, so please plan accordingly. Standard delivery time for resume writing is 7 business days for your first draft, or this can be expedited to 4 business days for $30. Please allow 1-2 more business days before delivery of your next draft/final file.
Can I choose custom colors for my resume?
Yes. We can create custom colors for your resume. This option costs an additional $30 and can be chosen on the product detail page before you add the resume to your cart.
Does my content have to fit in the same sections as the example resumes?
No. It's our job to adjust the resume design to accommodate your unique content and place it in the most appropriate location. If you're not pleased with the initial design we send you, you can always adjust it during the two revisions that are included with your resume. If you have any special instructions, it's best to let us know. You'll have the opportunity to do so at the end of the checkout process.
What about cover letters?
We'll email you a Microsoft Word document (can also be opened in Pages for Mac) that matches the design of your resume. You can use this document to compose your cover letters.
Can i change the section names on my resume?
Absolutely! If the content you provide contains different section names, then we'll use those instead.
What do i need to provide?
You'll need to upload the content for your resume (any common word processing format such as Microsoft word, Pages for Mac, or a Rich Text File). If you've chosen a theme with a photo, you'll need to upload your photo (recommended minimum size of 1800 pixels x 1200 pixels in jpg, eps, or tiff). If you've purchased the custom color option, you'll need to provide direction as to what color(s) you would like us to use.
Does loft resumes offer its services to those outside the united states?
Who is responsible for typos?
You are responsible for any typographical errors. We'll do our best to correct any glaring mistakes but ultimately typos are your responsibility. We suggest that you carefully proofread your resume and have someone else proofread it for you as well.
Who designs the resumes on the site?
We hand pick talented designers around the country and commission them to create custom work. You'll notice their names on the detail page for each of our resumes.
Does Loft Resumes offer returns?
We do not provide refunds once services have been rendered. By purchasing through Loft Resumes, you are agreeing to adhere to our terms of service. Non-redeemed purchases are refundable for up to 90 days. After 90 days, non-redeemed purchases are no longer eligible for a refund but are transferable. If you wish to change résumé designs once the first draft has been completed, then a $40 service fee will be required. This fee allows us to restart the entire design process. Our customers are our upmost priority. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about our products, services or policies.